Could you look Beyond the Coat..?
Through no fault of their own, black cats are overlooked time and time again, as most people tend to choose grey, ginger and tabby coloured cats. Even black kittens are left until last for adoption, while their more colourful siblings are chosen first.
The outlook for a black, adult cat in a rescue centre is therefore bleak. Black & white cats are also very often left waiting much longer than more 'colourful' cats. Some spend many months in rescue, sometimes years, waiting for someone to see past their colour to the super cat inside...
Our Top 10 Reasons to Adopt a Black Cat:
1. Black cats are the least likely to be adopted
2. Black cats look sleek and sophisticated
3. Holding a black cat is very slimming!
4. Black cats will match any decor
5. A lint brush isn't required for a black-tie affair
6. When you love a black cat, luck is on your side
7. Black cats are like onyx, a beautiful gem
8. They don't care what colour YOUR hair is!
9. Love knows no colour
10. Adopting a black cat may be lucky for you ... and it's definitely lucky for them!
Could YOU give a Black Cat their Lucky Break?
Cat rescue shelters near here
Rose Cottage Cats, near Bungay 01508 482737
Anglia Coastal Cat Protection 07736 165981
Framlingham & Saxmundham Cat Protection 01728 860937
Suffolk Animal Rescue, Stowmarket 01728 860937
Norfolk & Suffolk Animal Trust 01502 740787 - 07803745541