This privacy notice tells you how Wangford Veterinary Clinic will collect and process your personal data if you register as a client, purchase our services and products, and use our website.
Wangford Veterinary Clinic is an independent animal veterinary surgery in Wangford. We protect the health and well-being of your pets, offering a range of services that include: diagnosing and treating sick and injured animals, advising owners on the right pet care, and
providing a range of care related products for purchase. When you register with our Practice
you are entering into a contract which allows us to provide healthcare to your pet/s.
Who to contact regarding your personal data
We take your privacy seriously. Our Data Protection Manager looks after data protection and would be happy to answer any of your questions about this privacy notice and how Wangford Veterinary Clinic uses your data. They can be contacted directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 01502 578999.
The personal data we collect and process
There are four main ways we process the personal data you provide. We endeavor to keep this information accurate and up to date, and not keep it longer than is necessary.
endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal data, but cannot guarantee
the security of any data you disclose online.
To administer your account as a surgery client
In order to provide our service effectively and fulfil our contractual obligations to ensure
the best possible care for your pet, we need to collect and process the following
personal data when we register you as a client.
|Personal data type||How the data is collected|
|First name, Last name||As part of registering to be a client|
|Address||As part of registering to be a client|
|Phone numbers (landline & mobile)||As part of registering to be a client|
|Email address||As part of registering to be a client|
This personal data will be used for the following services and purposes:
- To administer your account and provide the products and services you have requested from us. For example, invoicing, calling to change an appointment and to keep a record for legal and accounting purposes.
- To send reminders for pet vaccinations.
- To send you reminders for Pet Health Club checks.
- If you have pet insurance and you wish to make a claim, we will pass on your pet’s clinical history with your name and address to your insurance company to allow them to process your claim.
- If we take a blood sample from your pet, we send the sample to our supplier and may provide your surname and address for identification purposes.
If you decide to purchase our healthcare plan and pay by direct debit, you will also need to provide bank account details to set up and confirm your direct debit.
The processing of your personal data may also be done to pursue legitimate interests that
you would reasonably expect. These legitimate interests may include updating of contact
details, debt recovery and client communication.
To send you marketing communications as a surgery client
We send our clients the following marketing communications:
- Our newsletter with top tips for animal welfare, exercise and health checks you can do yourself.
- Promotions and the latest related product offers.
Clients find these communications useful in administering care to their pets and to keep up to date with what is going on at the surgery. They are only sent to existing clients who can opt-out at any time.
The personal data that we process for these communications is first name, surname and address.
We would like our clients to enjoy these communications, so it is important to note that you can opt-out at any time by:
- Calling our team at the surgery on 01502 578999.
- Dropping into the surgery and speaking to a member of our team.
To share with veterinary related 3rd parties WITH your consent
There will be occasions where we will need to ask for your consent to share your personal data with a 3rd party:
- If you would like your pet to be referred to a specialist veterinary surgeon, we will provide them with your pet’s clinical history with your name, address and telephone numbers to enable them to confirm your referral appointment.
- Should you wish to move to an alternative veterinary surgery, we will provide your pet’s clinical history with your name and address to your new vets before marking your account as inactive.
- Should you wish to chip your pet (cats and rabbits), we register your name, address and contact number with the chip provider. Note that chipping dogs is a legal requirement and we share your personal data in this case under a legal obligation to do so.
- Should you wish to purchase a dog tag, we will provide your name for identification and your address, to the dog tag provider to enable delivery.
Wangford Veterinary Clinic will not pass on your personal data to any third parties without your consent unless the law requires us to do so. We do not provide any personal data to the suppliers of the medicines we administer or the pet care products we sell.
When you use our Wangford Veterinary Clinic website
When someone visits Wangford Veterinary Clinic we use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things like the number of visitors to the various parts of the website. This information is processed in a way which does not identify anyone.
Wangford Veterinary Clinic uses a third party service to help maintain the security and performance of our website. To deliver this service it processes the IP addresses (a number assigned to each of your devices connected to the internet by your broadband provider) of visitors to the Wangford Veterinary Clinic website.
We provide contact forms on our website and collect users’ personal information to help them complete certain tasks. Each form details the information required and an explanation of what the form is for.
Disclosure of personal data to our service providers
We may pass on your personal data to service providers contracted to Wangford Veterinary Clinic in the course of dealing with you. They act as a data processor on our behalf and are obliged under contract to keep your details secure, and only use them to fulfil the services they provide on our behalf. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they dispose of it in line with Wangford Veterinary Clinic procedures.
How long do we process your data for?
Wangford Veterinary Clinic is required to retain information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for income tax and audit purposes.
In order to comply with our professional liability insurance, we keep and securely store past clients records for 7 years. This includes full name, address, email address and telephone number, but excludes bank account details.
We will only process your personal data whilst you are a client. After 7 years of account inactivity all personal data we hold on you is erased.
Your rights as a data subject
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you the data subject, have the following rights:
Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
You can do that by calling 01502 578999 or using the online form available here.
If we do hold information about you we will:
Please note that you will need to provide proof of identity – a current passport or driving licence.
- give you a description of it;
- tell you why we are holding it;
- tell you who it could be disclosed to; and
- let you have a copy of the information in an intelligible form.
Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
Right to judicial review – in the event that Wangford Veterinary Clinic refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. You have the right to complain as outlined below.
We take the processing of your personal data very seriously and are here to help with any concerns you may have. Please do contact the Data Protection Manager at email@example.com or 01502 578999.
If you are still not happy with how your personal data is being processed by Wangford Veterinary Clinic or how your complaint has been handled,
you also have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the Information Commissioners Office at
https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or by calling 0303 123 1113.